- Families are welcome to contact LMS by email or phone to schedule a meeting and tour of our campus. After a complete tour of our facilities, all questions regarding our programming will be addressed. A date will be established for the family to return with their child for an in class visit. At the end of the tour parents will be given an application package to take home to review and complete.
· Toddler students would be invited to return for a visit along with mom/dad for up to one hour; more than one visit may be requested/necessary.
· Casa students are asked to be dropped off by mom/dad allowing the child to stay for a half day visit. Parents are encouraged to leave or remain in the office area while their child is in class.
· Elementary aged children are asked to remain at LMS for a full day visit. This provided the child a concrete experience and the ability to assess if LMS is a place they would like to attend. In all cases we encourage the families to discuss, as a group, the prospect of registering their child at LMS. Involving the children in this conversation is a critical component and allows them to feel as though they are an important part of the decision making process.
2. In the event that a child has special needs (eg: a unique learning style, physical restrictions, speech delays etc.) LMS reserves the right to request up to 3 visits for the child to experience an LMS classroom. LMS has limited resources to support individual students, as a result parents may be encouraged to contact CCAC or Children’s First for further classroom support. During the visits the classroom teacher and the ED will observe and gauge the child’s needs. A meeting will be called in order to review the outcome, the possibility of placement, as well as any recommendations for the prospective student.
3. Once the registration documents are completed families are asked to schedule an appropriate time to submit their completed forms along with payment.
4. Families will receive a formal welcome letter from LMS identifying the newly registered student, the class they are enrolled in , the teacher and assistants of the class, and the schedule that they have been registered for. Any additional documentation will be sent home as well so that all necessary forms are complete for the child’s first day of school.
5. Every application requires that a “Conditions of Acceptance” be signed by both parents. This document outlines the LMS policies and conditions that apply to all students