The LMS Summer Program
During the course of the day at Lakeview Montessori School, the children are involved in both group and individual lessons. Our summer mornings will emphasize hands-on Math and Language studies with Montessori equipment. The afternoon will be taken up with art activities, theme lessons and activities, physical education and singing. Frequent field trips also play an important role in Montessori education.
Our summer Toddler program is open to children 18 months – 2 ½ years of age and our Casa program is open to children 2 ½ to 5 yrs. old (including kindergarten aged children). Elementary students range in age from 6 to 13 years.
Montessori education employs this mixed age group so that children may move at their individually appropriate academic pace, whether fast or slow, while staying with their social peers.
Our Lakeview Montessori education emphasizes:
* learning through the use of concrete educational materials developed by Dr. Maria Montessori.
* education based on individual progress according to the abilities of each child.
* learning through real life experiences (field trips are important as well as projects of cooking, sewing, planting, etc.)
* assistance of the child in becoming an independent, competent and confident individual.
* respect for the developing person in each child.
The staff and directors of Lakeview Montessori School are dedicated to providing the best possible education for as many children as possible.
Children may attend daily for the regular 9-3:30 summer school day or use the extended hours from 7:30-5:30. Morning and afternoon snacks are included for all students. Toddler and Casa students attending full day will be served lunch. Elementary students may purchase a lunch (see fee schedule for cost). Half day programs: Mornings: 9:00-11:30 am and Afternoons: 1:00-3:30 pm.
Theme of study throughout the summer will be “Exploring Nature.”
All programs and services are dependant on minimum enrolment and usage
WHY SEND YOUR CHILD?
For those children who are experiencing difficulty in learning, this program will offer:
* a chance to reinforce & stabilize skills learned through the school year
* repetition of skills so they won’t be lost over summer break
* individual assistance & programming so that optimal gains can be made
For advanced children, this program will offer an additional challenge and exposure to new material to avoid summer boredom.
We hope you will spend the summer with us!