During the course of the day at Lakeview Montessori School, the children are involved in both group and individual lessons. Our summer days will emphasize hands-on Math and Language studies with Montessori equipment. As well as art activities, theme lessons and activities, Sports, Technology, Art, Music and much more. There are weekly highlights which often include visitors to the class offering unique activities and learning opportunities.
Our summer Toddler program is open to children 18 months – 2 1⁄2 years of age and our Casa program is open to children 3 to 5 yrs. old (including kindergarten aged children).
Montessori education employs this mixed age group so that children may move at their individually appropriate academic pace, whether fast or slow, while staying with their social peers.
Our Lakeview Montessori education emphasizes:
- Learning through the use of concrete educational materials developed by Dr. Maria Montessori.
- Education based on individual progress according to the abilities of each child.
- Learning through real life experiences (field trips are important as well as projects of cooking, sewing, planting, etc.)
- Assistance of the child in becoming an independent, competent and confident individual.
- Respect for the developing person in each child.The staff and directors of Lakeview Montessori School are dedicated to providing the best possible education for as many children as possible.
Registration Forms & Fee Schedule
Here you will find the Registration Forms and Fee Schedule for the 2017 Summer Academy. If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.REGISTER NOW
Please email email@example.com for registration information.
Children may attend daily for the regular 8:30-3:30 summer school day or use the extended hours from 7:30-5:30. Morning and afternoon snacks are included for Toddler and Casa students. Toddler and Casa students attending full day will be served lunch.
Session 1 July 3 – 14 Session 2 July 17 – 28
Session 3 July 31 – August 11 Session 4 August 14 – 25
*min of two weeks registration is required
A theme of study will be chosen to study throughout the summer.
All programs and services are dependent on minimum enrolment and usage.
Why Send Your Child?
For those children who are experiencing difficulty in learning, this program will offer:
- A chance to reinforce & stabilize skills learned through the school year
- Repetition of skills so they won't be lost over summer break
- Individual assistance & programming so that optimal gains can be made
For advanced children, this program will offer an additional challenge as well as exposure to new material to avoid summer boredom.
We hope you will spend the summer with us!