RECRUITING FOR DIRECTORS (BOARD MEMBERS)
The Lakeview’s Board of Directors (the “Board”) is looking for community volunteers with governance knowledge and diverse talents to join the Board. The Board is comprised of both parent and non-parent volunteers who meet on a monthly basis and participate in various standing committees. Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
• Knowledge and skills in one or more areas of board governance – policy, finance, educational programs, fundraising, capital planning, personnel, and advocacy
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong research, analytical, and critical-thinking skills
• Personal qualities of integrity, skills to work positively and effectively with others, open-minded, a passion for education, and an enthusiasm in supporting and improving Lakeview to be a centre of academic excellence
• Extensive experience in one or more of the following areas is preferred:
(i) Montessori education
(ii) Not-for-profit governance and policy (including research and policy writing)
(iii) Fundraising and capital campaigns
(iv) Capital Planning
(v) Education industry in general
Please click here for the Job Description – Board Member. Additional information including the Corporation’s By-law and Nomination Policy can be found on the Corporation’s website at www.lakeviewmontessori.ca/board-of-directors/. Interested individuals are asked to send a resume and a completed Director’s Declaration, Consent, and Undertaking form by Wednesday, June 7, 2017 to:
Vice President and Chair of the Governance Committee Board of Directors,
Lakeview Montessori School
13797 Riverside Drive, Tecumseh, Ontario, N8N 1B5
Mission Statement: Lakeview provides exceptional education that incorporates creative, inclusive, student focused learning within a safe and welcoming environment. We foster leadership, independence, self-confidence and innovative thinking in our students.
Vision Statement: Lakeview is a world class Centre of Academic Excellence that nurtures and inspires innovators of tomorrow.
History: Lakeview Montessori School was founded in 1978 by Ms. Janice Mayhew. The school was incorporated as a non-profit organization in 1981 and is governed by a volunteer board of directors. Over the years, Lakeview has grown from one classroom of 15 students to the current school housing classes from Toddlers to grade 8. It has been the only Montessori elementary school in the Windsor and Essex County. Under the direction of Prof. Harris, the school’s current Executive Director/Head of School, Lakeview expanded to include a new Middle School with a prep-IB program, became home to the new Arrowsmith Program, and moved in the direction for additional national accreditations.