Maria Montessori (1870-1952) founded the innovative method of educating children on the beliefs that children should be given autonomy and the ability to self-direct. She was a forward-thinker and embraced new and innovative ways of teaching.
The founders of Google, Larry Page and Sergey Brin, attribute their success to their Montessori education because that is where they learned to be self-directed and self-starters. They said that their Montessori education allowed them to learn to think for themselves and gave them freedom to pursue their own interests.
Some other graduates of Montessori are YO YO MA – United nations Peace Ambassador, winner of 15 Grammy Awards, Presidential Medal of Freedom & National Medal of the Arts, YO YO MA – United nations Peace Ambassador, winner of 15 Grammy Awards, Presidential Medal of Freedom & National Medal of the Arts, Jacqueline Kennedy Onasis, former First Lady, Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Nobel Prize – winning novelist, Anne Frank, famous child diarist from World War II, Jimmy Wales, founder of Wilkipedia, Melissa and Sarah Gilbert, actresses, Sean Combs, famous rapper, and Julia Child, first TV chef.
- At Lakeview we begin with a deep respect for children as unique individuals
- Offer a warm and supportive environment where children do not get lost in the crowd
- Classrooms are small in size, have a very attractive student-teacher ratio
- Offers an exciting environment for learning
- The multi-year age span in each class provides a community-like grouping where learning takes place naturally
- Learning is not focused on role drill and memorization. Our students learn through hands- on experience, investigation and research
- Students learn and work independently and within small groups, allowing for more one-on-one individualised attention and care from their teachers
- The curriculum is unified, internationally developed and accredited (Practical life, Sensorial, Math, Language and Cultural)
- We have an open door policy and guarantee an easy access to teachers