Head of School Report – May 2017
Registration for the 2016-2017 school year is now complete with 95% of all current elementary families now confirmed for the next school year. We are proud to say there is a waiting list for some of the senior classes. Online registration for new families continues and registration is confirmed upon electronic payment of registration fees.
– Current enrolment is up from 164 in September 2015 to 204 currently.
– Potential Enrolment for Next Year: MS = 24 (capped at 30)
INT = 33 (capped at 32)
JR = 31 (capped at 40)
Casa = 45 (capped at 72)
Toddler = 11 (capped at 30)
– Current registered students for 2016-2017 school year = 157 (last month = 111)
– Arrowsmith class has openings for 2016-2017 school year
– Intermediate class is full for 2016-2017 school year
– A waiting list is in place for all students Grades 4, 5, 6 seeking entrance into Lakeview for the 2016-2017 school year.
Future Toddler Students: The admission process to our school is being updated to reflect CAIS expectations and standards. An introduction to Lakeview will be prepared with emphasis on toddler as the roots, Casa as a full day program, and Junior as the preferred education of choice. New parents will receive a personally addressed invitation to meet the Head of School and observe Montessori classes throughout the school; along with a DVD of toddlers at school and next steps to Casa and eventually Junior. Incentives to enroll in the full-time programming will be promoted.
Summer School: New programs continue to be investigated along with marketing options to get the word out.
CAIS Accreditation: All policy and procedures at the school are being updated, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPS) are being created for everyday procedures, implementation of a cloud based accounting systems is in place for all financial recording, and committees have almost completed CAIS standards. The Board Governance of the strategic plan is to be revisited in June 2016 to reflect the current needs of the school.
What an exciting time this is for our Lakeview parents and students. A special thank you to all who are working so diligently to make our school the best it can be.