1.New families interested in coming to Lakeview Montessori School are welcome to contact the school by email or phone to schedule a meeting and tour of our campus. After completing the tour, all questions regarding our programming will be addressed, and a date will be established for the family to return with their child for an in class visit. At the end of the tour parents will be given an application package to take home to review and complete.
- Toddler students are invited, after completing the tour, to return for a class visit along with mom/dad for up to one hour. More than one visit may be requested if necessary.
- After completing a tour, Casa students are asked to be dropped off by mom/dad allowing the child to stay for a half day in class visit. Parents are encouraged to leave or remain in the office area while their child is in class.
- After completing a tour, Elementary aged children are required to attend a full day visit at Lakeview Montessori School. This provides the child with a concrete experience and the ability to assess if our school is a place they would like to attend. In all cases we encourage the families to discuss, as a group, the prospect of registering their child at Lakeview Montessori School. Involving the children in this conversation is a critical component and allows them to feel as though they are an important part of the decision making process.
2. In the event that a child has special needs (for example: a unique learning style, physical restrictions, speech delays etc.) Lakeview Montessori School reserves the right to request up to 3 visits for the child to experience our classroom. Lakeview Montessori School has limited resources to support individual students. As a result parents may be encouraged to contact CCAC or Children’s First for further classroom support. During the visits the classroom teacher and the Head of School will observe and gauge the child’s needs. A meeting with the parents will take place to review the outcome, the possibility of placement, and any recommendations for the prospective student.
3. Once the registration documents are completed families are asked to schedule an appropriate time to submit their completed forms along with payment.
4. Families will receive a formal welcome letter from Lakeview Montessori School identifying the newly registered student, the class they are enrolled in, the teacher and assistants of the class, and the schedule that they have been registered for. Any additional documentation will be sent home as well so that all necessary forms are complete for the child’s first day of school.
5. Every application requires that parents/guardians sign a “Conditions of Acceptance” form. This document outlines the school’s policies and conditions that apply to all students.